Thursday, February 23, 2006

My Forty-Two Cents is Live!

Hello, World!

I finally decided to join the hordes of internet junkies known as "bloggers" today. Actually, I decided at 6:24pm EST.

So anyways, welcome. I'm glad to see somebody is reading this blog. I can tell you now that its content will vary. My interests vary, so whatever happens to catch my eye in the news, on an Atom feed, in another blog, etc. is fair game for me to post about.

When you look at my blog site, one of the most prominent features is the title: My Forty-Two Cents. In Douglas Adams' humorous and enlightening commentary on "life, the universe, and everything," The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy, the answer is simply 42. Much emphasis is also put on the fact that nobody actually knows the question to which the answer is 42, but that's an entirely different matter. And of course, "My Forty-Two Cents" is a pun on "My Two Cents."


I'll try to post as often as I can, but sometimes these types of things slip through the cracks. Please be patient, because I know the entire cyber-community is simply on the edge of its seat to read what I have to say. But then again, that's what Stephen Hawking thought when he said his book The Universe in a Nutshell belonged on every person's coffee table. And he's a lot smarter than I am.

No comments: